Family Visit Checklist….
We had so much fun with our visit from Kris’s parents…. we even had the pleasure of an overnight stay from Kris’s Aunt Sharon (the Queen of Thrifting!) and Uncle Mark. I’ll be sharing more photos of our fun throughout the week!
A checklist of just a few of the things we did during their visit…..
- Sitting in Mema and Papa’s laps … .check …. double check ….. triple check ….. check times a thousand!!!
- Mema teaching kids how to play Domino’s ….. check
- Bug hunting with Papa …. check
- Game of Duck Duck Goose made complete with Papa …. check
- Papa made a safe shooting lane for Aidan and his new air rifle …. check
- Shooting contest between all the boys & men ….. check
- Girls dance party with Mema and Aunt Sharon …. check
- A birthday cupcake and singing for Aunt Sharon …. check
- Early morning snuggling with Mema ….. check
- Trip to Dillsboro for some sweet shopping ….. check
- Road trip to Cataloochee Valley to see the Elk …. check
- Picnic lunch on the porch of a gorgeous historic home …. check
- A chance to play in the river for most likely the last time this season …. check
- A conversation and laughing session with the funny Aunt Sharon …. check
- A nice date for Kris and myself, including dinner, thirfting and antiqueing …. check
- Late night movie viewing of Wolverine for the adults ….check
- Visit to Standing Indian Campground for a grill out and gorgeous hike…. check
- Late night game of Sequence for the adults (where me and my sweet father in law whooped Kris and his Mom!)
Oh, and thank you all so much for your kind words and support on my last post! I wasn’t down or sad about my mothering skills ….there’s just always a want or need to be and do better… a needed moment to reflect on priorities you know? Anyway, you are all so sweet and I am so very appreciative!!